Saturday, 18/May/2024, 11.46.02 PM

Main
Login
Gamer's Edge Forum Welcome Outsider | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Weiss, Urahara, viralyxinfected  
Forum » Warcraft III » Bot: Admins » Bot Admin Information (Read here to find out how to get bot admin access)
Bot Admin Information
WeissDate: Monday, 04/Jul/2011, 9.11.01 PM | Message # 1
Group: Removed

As I have mentioned before on the other forum:
Quote (Weiss)
Ok heres the deal, If you want to become admin PM'ing admins IS NOT the way to do it, If you send a pm asking to be admin you will be automatically denied at that time and any other time you try to request admin.

There are guidelines surrounding becoming an admin and not being able to follow application guidelines is a sure fire way on how not to get admin rights.

We have certain expectations from our admins and if you cant even follow simple applying guidelines then theres no way you would be able to handle the responsibility that admins require.

And I am pretty sure none of you have read that post
Quote (Weiss)
Before posting your admin request, here's a few guidelines on what you should do.
> Take the time to think about what you want to say.
When you're posting your admin request, take the time to really think it over. Explain why you feel you should be an admin, what you would do as an admin, and what you can bring to the clan in an admin capacity. Remember, you're trying to convince people that you'd make a good addition to the admin team. If you can't put it forward in a clear, coherent few paragraphs, then you probably don't have the patience it takes to be an effective admin. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and bad spelling and grammar are not a good way to make it.

> Get to know the other members of the clan.
By posting an admin request you are asking the clan to trust you to keeping the servers fun and fair. Trust is something that is earned, so take the time to earn people's trust. You can get to know everyone by being active in the clan, both on Warcraft III and here, on the forums.

> Be active on the forums and on Clan EDGE
As was just mentioned, one of the best ways for people to get to know you is by being active here in the forums, and on EDGE. Nothing gives people a sense of your maturity level better than what you post on the forums and how you are on EDGE. Everyone likes to have fun, but for an admin, you are expected to show a certain level of maturity, too. Show this maturity through your posts and conversations, and soon enough, people will think of you as an admin-worthy clan member.

> Wait a while before asking.
Again, asking for admin rights is asking the clan to trust you to keep things fun and fair. If you just joined the clan and you're already asking to be an admin, then you obviously don't care about the clan, you just want the power to kick that guy who owned you all last game. It's not going to happen. If you want a chance at getting admin rights, wait until everyone gets to know you, and you get to know everyone, by following the steps above.

Following these guidelines on your admin request will not guarantee anyone admin rights, but it will put you on the right track. Thanks for taking the time to read these through and understand them.

Cheers.

Now you have to answer it on a new thread, not reply under this post
I don't care if you make a thread with an essay, or short like one sentence, but I need details, I need to know why you asked for admin.
That is all for now.

And also based on my old form:

Here is a list of rules that I expect admins to follow and requirements to be added as admin. All of these are subject to change as I see fit.
The current list of admins and bot commands is here

Requirement

* You must be Grunt** status in Clan
(Grunt status are included with many requirement, refer to Joining Clan EDGE.)
Grunt Status are offered to people who passed the Grunt Challenge, for more information, click here.

>Forum reputations are also a good way to have a higher chance of obtaining admin on bots, the higher you have, the better the chance is.
>Forum Awards...same as reputations, the more you have, the better the chance is.
>Moderator Recommendation (Or Admin/Shaman/Chieftain), this will give you a high chance of obtaining admin. Recommendation is not just asking a shaman to tell the admin in charge to give you bot admin, rather, they are required to write a recommendation listing why we should give you admin.
>Good behavior in Clan: It is also the way to have higher chance to get admin. =]

Exceptions are allowed as I see fit

Rules
The use of any of these commands will result in loss of admin, with exceptions stated in the reasoning

* !channel or !cc - I like my bot in our clan channel, if you try and move it around battle.net it will make me unhappy
* !closeall or !ca - The bot automatically refreshes and by using these your just giving it more to do =/
* !openall - Same reasoning stated above
* !end or !endn - This is just a mean way to get back at people for killing you, do not use
* !sp - This just seems pointless and gives my bot more to do
* !swap - If you use this command 12 times in a single game lobby yes I will take your admin. Otherwise idc
* !start force or !startn - The bot spoof checks for a reason, let it do its thing
* !kick or !k - depends on how you use it
* !close or !open - If I see you constantly using these to get a friend in your game well you should have hosted a priv. If you don't want people dling put NO DL in the game name and use the command !downloads
* !virtualhost - I choose GamersEdge for a reason, don't change it
* !drop - Warcraft already has a function for this, do not use
* !unban or !delban - This command is to only be used by me, no matter the situation

I AM PRETTY SURE MOST OF U DIDN'T DO THE FOLLOWING EXCEPT A FEW VETERAN ADMINS DID:
Bans
I encourage admins to ban someone who teamkills or ruins the game for everyone right there on the spot. However, I require them to provide proof of the ban to the ban/warns forum.

Click the link below for the form

Promotion Request Form

One last thing, this thread is to ONLY be used for signing in approval. I will ignore any questions posted in this thread. Make a new thread if you have questions.

Forum » Warcraft III » Bot: Admins » Bot Admin Information (Read here to find out how to get bot admin access)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Gamer's Edge © 2024. All rights reserved.